Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dustin's Draft Analysis, Part 4

The final installment of Dustin's Draft analysis. Add some comments and let us know how you think everyone else did!


Toques
This team looks to be above average. Three good starters and three closers are not a bad way to start. The out field has some pop and rbi machines but the rest of the hitting squad is lacking. I mean I like Lee but his years of domination are over. Good old Racky Wacky Weeks. This dude still has not learned how to hit major league pitching.

Bad- There is too many holes in the hitting lineup. Fukudome will slow down and wear down throughout the season. Last year Fukudome’s average went down every month from the start of a red hot opening day.

Ugly- Barry Zito, enough said.

Good- Getting Werth as a keeper for a dollar seems to be a pretty good deal if he can stay healthy. Marmol for nine was a good deal if he can regain the closer role.

Final Prediction- 10th


Juicers
First of all I want to say Vic did well for his first draft. He took a lot of heat from some real asshole owners (I won’t say the names but you know who you are) during the draft and stuck with his plan. I do like this team.

Bad- This isn’t really the worst but I think Gallardo went for a little too much. It could have been the part of the draft where players’ salaries were inflated. Or Gallardo was wanted by a majority of the owners. Anyway , a good young pitcher at a high price.

Ugly- Your pitchers walk a lot of guys and are not huge K pitchers. More walks mean higher whip and worse era. Now I like Maholm, but pirate’s pitchers will not get wins.

Now Vic has two pirates, not a good mix.

Good- There is a lot of good pickups for the future. I love Stewart and Rasmus.

Howard will bang out HR’s and having the number one catcher in our league is not bad either.

Final Prediction- 8th. If I was a betting man I would say it is more likely the juicers will finish in the top 6. The only downside is his pitching for the latter of the season.



Now that Dusty is done, what do you think?

3 comments:

Jason P said...

I'm not sure if I'd pick myself to win it all, but if Webb gets healthy and a few of the rookies pan out, I have a good a shot as anyone.

I thought Vic did well for a first timer.

There are quite a few team "out of balance" (heavy pitching or hitting or 1-2 categories). Hopefully that makes for some interesting trades!

Trevor Misfeldt said...

Hey, Dustin, how can I be "above average" and predicted for 10th place? :)

Jim said...

Trevor, my fellow logic freak, beat me to it --- unless "above average" is more like "special" ?