Friday, April 17, 2009

Dustin's Draft Analysis, Part 3

Poppers

This team your are looking at right now is odds on favorites to win the whole thing. I like the hitting and the pitching is solid when healthy. I think the only thing that holds this team back; injuries. Also there is a couple of dudes in particular (Ludwick and Delgado for his age) that had career seasons last year, but can they do it again?

Bad - Matsui is a 100 game a year guy. I know he isn’t really that important, but he is a guy Jay needs to steal bases. Bad back equals no steals.

Ugly - This might be a reach, Huston Street closing for the Rockies. Velocity is down, Corpas behind you and the crappy ballpark. I think that equals not a good chance to succeed in your profession.

Good - Getting Rowand and Molina for 2 dollars a piece is very good. I know Molina will have a breakout year and Rowand is just a smoking deal.

Projected finish - 1st, but there are three other teams that are going to challenge you hard.

Cross your fingers and hope no one else gets injured.


Heaters

This is a very interesting team. How can you predict how this team will play out? The Heaters could finish in the top four or the bottom four just as easy. Can the hitting on this team help the Pitching win categories?

Bad - The heaters have a lot of low dollar hitters. I have heard of a nine dollar pitching staff but not a low hitting lineup. Granted there is a couple of hitting standouts on this team. But can they overcome hitters that are rebounding from poor seasons and are rookies?

Ugly - Honestly, I can’t find a really ugly draft pick. I would say LaRoche, because that guy has burned me more than ever. But for fourteen dollars you can’t expect the world.

Good - The best pitching on the planet, bar none. Two good closers and a bunch of top tier starters. I also like Fowler for one dollar. Fowler is my type of player.

Projected Finish - 6th. This is a very, very conservative 6th pick. This team could surprise and finish in the top four with a trade down the line for more hitting.

No comments: