Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dustin's Draft Analysis, Part 2

Azzuri - I believe this team to be well rounded. The hitting is solid; The Azzuri won’t lead the league in any hitting stat but will contend every week in each. I believe they have enough to get them into the playoff’s and possibly deep into the postseason. I’m weary of the semi old/injury plagued pitchers pitching in HR ballparks. They have a shot, but remember the Azzuri have never won a playoff series. They fold underneath the pressure.

Bad- Gonzales, Mike that is. I don’t think an erratic closer can give the Azzuri many category wins in saves, especially when the braves have Soriano backing Gonzales up. One false move by Mike and he is outta here.G-unit.

Ugly
- I don’t know if drafting three pitchers who like to give up the long ball in homeru ballparks; Harang, Oswalt and Myers. And then you add an injury waiting to happen in carpenter. It might not look good.

Good- Like I said before the hitting is very solid. If the pitchers pitch like they are supposed to this team will challenge for the title. Getting Hanson for 2 dollars might end up as a great steal. But again I don’t have much faith in young pitchers.

Projected Finish
- I would like to say 2nd, but anywhere in the top 4 would be more like it.


Fkaky’s- Dude, a back to back to back championship is not out of the question for the cup holders of last year. This team has one or two holes on offense that need to be sewn up before a serious title run is made late in the season. The pitching has a few good starters, but the saves situation needs some attention badly.

Bad
- I know this is really nit picking, buy I would have to say Gamel and Monroe starting on your hitting team when both of those guys don’t even play. That is already giving the opposition two guys ahead of you (even if the two dudes are bad).I know your hitting is stacked in some areas, but you too many steals. Trade some to get a couple every day all around players.

Ugly- No closers!!! You do have one, but he is ancient and injured. It is like sending my brothers little kids out there to shut the door on the opposition.

Good- Here there is a few stand outs. Bonifacio for two is already getting votes for the steal of the draft. Three good pitchers and a flyer on Zimmerman, I hope he can make a contribution this season.

Projected finish- I would say 4th, but a top 3 finish could be in the cards or even a third championship.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

...back to back to back championships....